How can you explain the quantum bond between these two paper tubes? Objects placed in one seem to travel across to the other in a snap. This is the most challenging item in this course and also introduces you to gimmicked props and the one-ahead principle.
Setup & Preparation
It requires a little more patience to cut out and make, as well as more practice to be able to perform smoothly. What, you expected the power of teleportation to come easy?
- The printable file is double-sided, but the back side is optional decoration. (golden stripes) If you print out only the first page, you can decorate the outside of the tubes to your heart’s delight.
- What other small, flat objects might be able to teleport? Perhaps a coin?
- If you’re interested in science fiction, you may be able to come up with some interesting patter to accompany this trick!
- Rather than using both of the tubes, what sort of routine is possible using just one of the tubes?
- During the course of this routine the tubes are used to vanish an object as well as make one appear. How else could you use this tube?
- Can you use one of the tubes to transform one object into another? For instance, drop a penny in the top of the tube, and it comes out the bottom as a dime. How could this be done?
Return to Paper Magic Tricks home